5.24.2012

5 things for the hospital...


We have less than three weeks to go and I still have not packed my hospital bag! Whoops. This is part because I have not grasped the fact that he really, truly is going to make his appearance any day now and also part because I don't really know what to pack. I know I won't be there that long, but any time I stay somewhere foreign I want to have my creature comforts with me, is that lame? Probably. Oh well. Either way I have the standard things down... pillow, robe, slippers, pj's, going home outfit, and all of the special ointments and pads needed to get me through those first 48 hours! Ha. 

But, I have a few thoughts of some things to pack that just may make the stay a bit more comfy, or at least keep my spirits up while in labor...

First thing is first, if I don't make it to the nail salon (do people still say 'salon'?) before he gets here then I need to be equipped with a neutral color that will last me a while, because we all know after the babe comes my nails become last on the priority list! Next, I am eyeing this cardigan to throw over my nursing tanks AND it is on sale! Of course I am going to bring along a couple of my favorite movies just in case this labor takes a while... how fitting is Father of the Bride II? It is the best. Also, I hear hospitals can sometimes be a bit chilly, what better thing to keep my toes warm than these Happy Socks! Last, I know the hospital gives you a water bottle, but I worked at a hospital for a summer in high school as a candy striper and now the hospital bottles just remind me of being sick so I will probably pack one of my own, hopefully a swanky one like these from Lifefactory!

Other than that, do you have any suggestions? My homework tomorrow is to get this all together!

xo.


5 comments:

VIC said...

Flip flops for the shower...because you just never know what's down there.

Emilee said...

Something to tame your hair...hair ties, headbands, etc. Being in a hospital bed for a few days and constantly having a pillow behind you leaves the hair a mess. Well it did with mine at an inbetween stage of short and shoulder length. Couldn't keep it under control! Ha! Best of luck! Sounds like you have everything else under control! Don't need much, other than to help yourself feel comfortable!

Shel + Stone said...

Yes, flip flops and head bands are in the bag ready to go... now we just need the babe to get moving! Thanks for the advice!

Becca Inlow said...

Jolly ranchers to suck on while you are in labor. Also, a granola bar or something to eat after the baby is born. Charlotte was born at 9pm and I had been in labor since 6am that morning so I was FAMISHED after she was born. Having a Clif bar was helpful. We also had some magazines to read throughout the long labor and the iPad to FaceTime with Ryan and Kelsey after she was born! Good luck!!!

Shel + Stone said...

Thanks Becca! I did not really think about snacks, but I will throw some in the bag :)

Also, we definitely will be video chatting with fam since most of them dont live near us!

xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails