4.01.2011

Have a celebratory weekend!


Good morning and happy Friday!

This week marked my little blog's one year anniversary... Hooray! I have to say I cannot believe I have stuck with it this long. Originally my blog was just a creative outlet for me to focus on after work when husband was busy editing photos. Also, it has been a great way of keeping our family and friends updated on our lives and our traveling.

Mostly, I have become invested in this blog because I love it and it has been so fun for me to read comments and emails from you letting me know that you love it too. I hope you have noticed by now, but this is not a blog that is written to divulge the inner-workings of my soul... not at all... it is simply to enjoy, find inspiration (for your closet and home that is...) and maybe learn some new craft and cooking tricks here and there. I guess that has been my biggest battle with the blog is people reading it and not taking it for face value, but assuming that what I write about is all there is to me. I always tell Stone that I rarely will go to a movie or read a book that is not completely light-hearted, comical, and easy. My reasoning is that books and movies are supposed to be an escape, it should be purely enjoyment. And I hope that is what my blog has been for you... something you can go to and enjoy while leaving the stresses of your day behind.

All this to say, I am pumped to be marking my first year doing this and cannot wait for many more years to come.

In honor of my blogiversary I am going to start a couple of new things. FIRST I will be starting to take on advertisers. On Monday I am going to be putting up a few ads and giving more information to those who might be interested! SECOND (and way more exciting) this little blog is going to start doing giveaways! Three cheers! Who does not like a free little treat now and again? So please be on the lookout for those as well.

So, again, happy Friday! Thank you SO VERY much for reading and wanting to be a part of the happenings here at In A Nutshell. It means so much to both me and Stone! You all are the best... go get 'em today.

As always, here are some links to love. xo.

Some adorable twin babies discussing the recent escape of a cobra from the Bronx zoo!

Gwyn's ultimate closet necessities.

Our good friend is on the cover and inside of Rue magazine! Congratulations Billy!

Speaking to my heart... the perfect cheese plate.

Want it. Need it. Really would love to own it.


11 comments:

Brady said...

Good work Sheliz, thanks for keeping me up to date on all things girly!

Stone said...

So proud of you Shel! You're my girl. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

carter & cook event co. said...

Hip, hip, hooray! :)

Shel + Stone said...

Thanks you guys! xo!

Keiran said...

Congrats! That's like 7 years in internet time!

Anonymous said...

Love this blog! I stumbled upon this from a friend of a friend and am hooked! Congrats on the 1 year.

Jessica said...

Shelby - I love your blog. I absolutely love it for what it is. As someone who writes "divulge your heart posts" I absolutely need blogs that are light, airy, and enjoyable!

Rick said...

Congrats, Shel! I knew you could do it. Keep up the good work and know that I'll always be checking your spelling and grammar. :)

neva said...

Shelby! I love your blog:)

Just Run With It said...

Happy blog birthday! I love stoppin' by In A Nutshell, because you always have the most cute, fun, creative ideas... so thanks for that! Cheers to year 1, and here's to many more years :)

nick and taylor said...

yay shel! i love your blog. love tmac

Related Posts with Thumbnails