8.23.2010

The Brown Sisters.

There is this exhibition that I have seen a couple times now (once at the Fort Worth Modern and once at the San Francisco Modern) it is a series of portraits of these four sisters taken once a year over a period of thirty-three years. At first I thought, 'this is not art, it is just family photos'... but for some reason I keep coming back to look at the photos online. After spending the past week with my sister I am so thankful for the small bit of vacation we are able to be together once a year together, which we have been doing with our family for 22 years now (if only we had thought to take portraits, perhaps we could have made it into the museums!).

From these portraits above, each year seems to tell a different story. It is almost like a glimpse into their lives between one year to the next. I just love the concept.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails