3.23.2011

Food to Love : Blackbottom cupcakes



My sister and her husband, Preston, recently lived in South Carolina for two years while she was in grad school for healthcare architecture. We miss them so much, and are always trying to convince them to move near us so we can hang with them every day. Well, while they were in South Carolina, for some diversion from studying, she would pick new recipes to try and put together some photos to send to all of her family and friends that were states away. I thought I would share this one, it is tried and true. When I was little I would request blackbottom cupcakes for all of my birthdays, and after you try them I am sure you will too. Enjoy!

Blackbottom Cupcakes

1 8oz. package of cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg beaten
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 6oz. package of chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
a cup water
1/3 cup vegetable pil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350

Combine cream cheese, sugar, egg, and salt. Then stir in chocolate chips and set aside. Next, sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Spray muffin pans and fill them 1/3 full of cocoa batter. Top with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture then bake for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven and indulge... maybe even have two :)

xo.

4 comments:

Preston and Lindsay said...

Those are some tasty cupcakes!

mina said...

I'm so glad I found this... I had these cupcakes awhile ago but didn't know what they were called so I couldn't find the recipe. Thanks!

Shel + Stone said...

Oh I am so glad Mina... I would love to hear how yours turn out! Enjoy.

Laura said...

I have been the benefactor of that chocolate goodness in good ol' SC! Yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails