7.15.2010

Savory Crepes.


You may remember when I told you that I have learned to make crepes and I could not stop making them. Well I finally tried something other than nutella and fruit inside (not that there is anything wrong with nutella and fruit) and it was delicious! You should try it out too, I promise you will not be dissappointed.

Begin with:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt

First whisk together flour and eggs in a large mixing bowl.

Next, add the liquids. Milk, water and melted butter. Whisk all of the ingredients together until you form a pretty liquidy (I know, I know, that is not really a word) batter. Then add the salt.

Now, gather the stuffing ingredients. I used homemade pesto, pulled chicken, mozzarella, spinach and sundried tomatoes.

Pour the batter onto a cast iron pan (make sure to spray it a little with PAM) on the stove at medium heat and pick up the pan swirling it around to make a thin circle of batter then set the pan back down on the stove. After about 2 minutes the crepe should be ready to flip. Carefully use a spatula to get under the crepe and make the flip (it is even harder than pancakes!). Begin adding your ingredients in a concentrated area on the crepe.

After all of your ingredients are on the crepe, flip the bottom up toward the stuffings, then wrap each side over like a blanket. Before I served I drizzled some olive oil on top with a little cracked pepper.

Enjoy! Mmmm.

Related Posts with Thumbnails